Discover the benefits of efficient waste management and how Libryo can help you improve your practices. Enhance your EHS compliance performance and achieve sustainability with our support.
Why is waste management so crucial for corporations?
Waste management is an important aspect of EHS compliance for corporations and as such should be taken with careful consideration. It is essential for companies to manage their waste in accordance with regulations in order to protect the environment and avoid penalties. It is also an important aspect for the community in which you operate since the improper disposal or handling of waste can have negative impacts on human health, wildlife and the environment.
Proper waste management can also have a positive impact on a company's bottom line. It can help companies reduce costs by recycling and reusing materials, which can save money on raw materials, energy and disposal costs. Additionally, companies that are seen as responsible waste managers may have a more positive reputation and be better received by the community and stakeholders. This can lead to more positive public relations and increased business opportunities.
According to the World Health Organization, the world generates approximately 2.01 billion tonnes of municipal solid waste per year, with a large portion of it not properly managed.
How does your industry impact waste generation and management?
Industries generate a diverse range of waste types, including solid waste, hazardous waste, electronic waste, and bio-waste. The volume and weight of these waste types may vary, with some being more prevalent than others. Regardless of the type, it is important for industries to have proper waste management practices in place to minimize their impact on the environment and protect public health.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the industries that generate the most waste, in descending order, are:
- Construction and Demolition: This industry generates the most waste and it includes waste generated by buildings, roads, bridges, and other infrastructure projects.
- Manufacturing: This industry generates waste from the production of goods, including materials that are used but not incorporated into the final product, and waste generated during the production process.
- Commercial and Institutional: This industry generates waste from businesses, offices, schools, hospitals, and other institutional facilities. The waste generated in this sector includes paper, cardboard, food scraps, and other types of trash.
- Agriculture and Mining: These industries generate waste from the production of food, minerals, and other resources. The waste generated in this sector can include materials such as livestock manure, agricultural plastics, and mining tailings.
- Transportation and Warehousing: This industry generates waste from the movement of goods and products, such as shipping containers, pallets, and packaging materials.
How can Libryo help your company with your waste management?
The Libryo platform can undoubtedly help your company with your waste management process in several ways:
- Compliance: The platform can provide you with information on the latest regulations related to waste management, helping you stay compliant and avoid penalties. It can automatically notify you of any changes in regulations and provide guidance on how to meet the updated requirements.
- Tracking and reporting: The platform can allow you to track and report your waste management activities, providing visibility of your performance in that area and allowing your company to identify areas of improvement.
- Continuous improvement: The platform can help you to continually improve your waste management performance by providing tools to track and log your progress, set tasks and goals and implement sustainable practices. In this way your company can make data-driven decisions, which can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your waste management efforts over time.
In summary, we can help you to improve your waste management performance, staying up-to-date with regulations, minimize your waste, tracking your performance and progress, and continuously improve your waste management efforts. Libryo can give you the support you need not only with your waste management, but also with all your compliance and sustainability needs.
A little bit about Libryo
Libryo will filter and track only your EHS law and requirements for specific legal jurisdictions. So even if you are in a global team, you will always be aware of your applicable legal requirements. The platform also keeps you updated with applicable EHS legislation changes and hosts a variety of features and tools to help your team manage and demonstrate your compliance, proper waste management and sustainability.
This regulatory compliance management software is perfect for:
- EHS managers
- Sustainability managers
- Compliance, risk or legal professionals
- General counsel
- Anyone dealing with the law or assessing business risk.
Want to find out more about how Libryo can help your business? Book a demo with us to get in touch.